Monday, August 11, 2008

Brendan Frasier Vows More CGI in His Films

Brendan Frasier, star of the The Mummy Trilogy, has a taste for CGI in his movies. Actually, when I really think about it, what was the last non-CGI film with him in it? I'm thinking it was Gods and Monsters but I'm pretty sure Ian McKellan wasn't real in that film. I mean isn't he dead? Stratch that.. turns out he's still quite alive and trapped in a non-metallic holding cell.

Anyway, I'm starting to think that Brendan Frasier has a clause in his contracts that CGI must be used in his films. I heard he turned down a role in the Sex and the City movie cause they wouldn't use CGI to portray those monsters (carrie, samantha, charlotte, and miranda). In another film, a scene required he eat a stack of pancakes and he wanted Industrial Light and Magic to create the most realistic plate of pancakes you ever seen on the silver screen. That ultimately put the films budget in the red and it was never released.

- Fluffy Clark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CGI pancakes would have been awesome!